Friday, November 7, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen and the Evaluation....

One day in October, Samantha and I were able to go on a field trip to California Pizza Kitchen. My friend Kollen invited us. Dillon and Ashlynn were in school that day, so Samantha and I got to have a little one on one time. They let the kids make their own little individual pizza's and then they took them on a tour of the kitchen, then they got to eat their pizza's and have dessert. They even fed all of us mom's that were there. They brought out 3 different salads and 3 or 4 different kinds of pizza's for us to share, and gave us free drinks. It was awesome! They also sent the kids home with a coupon for a free kid's meal for the next visit.























After our field trip I took Samantha to an evaluation for Child Find. It is an early intervention program for children. Because of all of the stuff with Samantha's seizures, and the neurological issues that she has going on, there have been some sensory and behavioral difficulties that have come up. She met with a nurse, a phsychologist, and a early childhood development teacher. As far as "smartness" goes, she has no problem there. I knew that she was smart and that she wasn't lacking in that area. My concern has always been her inability to adapt to change, and how easily she gets upset and frustrated with situations. Sometimes she is so hard to calm down that I have to just hold her really close and tight until she stops screaming. Anyways, we found out this week that she qualifies to go to a special pre-school 4 days a week. She will be going to the same school that Ashlynn and Dillon go to... right across the street from our neighborhood. I am really excited and nervous at the same time. Because of all of her problems, I have been really protective, and she has never been away from me very much. It is going to be hard to have her away from me for that long and that often. Plus, the fact that I won't know what to do with myself without any kids for half the day! But, I'm sure that I will adapt, and hopefully Samantha will adapt, and benefit from this program. Only time will tell, I guess....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you had a fun month. Hope all goes well with Samantha's school. Love the pictures.

Jeni Limb said...

She will do great! Enjoy your half day alone, I am jelous!