Monday, February 23, 2009

Hiking at Red Rock



Friday morning my good friend Aimee called and asked if Samantha and I wanted to go hiking at Red Rock. We met our other friends Brandy and Erika, and the kids and headed up there. We hiked up a trail that took about 20 minutes (it only took that long because we had 7 little kids). Our destination was a waterfall. I was so amazed when we got there, it was so beautiful. There was snow and a creek, and the waterfall was surrounded by tall rock, almost cave like. It was so nice just being outside in nature. I didn't have cell service, and I felt like I could just leave all the stress, and hustle and bustle of everyday life behind for a while. It really was rejuvinating for me. When we hiked back down we had a nice little picnic, visited, and watched the kids play. I can't wait to take Dustin and the other kids back up there, I know they would love it! All in all this was a great start to my perfect day.... Dustin and my anniversary.















1 comments:

Buzybugs pixie.blogspot.com said...

What a fun hike.. One thing I have to admit in Vegas, there is sure a lot to do besided gamble and be on the strip- there are so many activities you can do, this one looked awesome.. Good times!