Thursday, March 20, 2008

Red Rock Canyon



Today we had a wonderful time at Red Rock Canyon with our friends Tara Reynolds and the Vincent's. The kids had the opportunity to become "Jr. Rangers". They were required to fill out these little work books as they were going through the exhibits in the visitor's center and going around the trails outside. All of them worked really hard together to find the answers they needed. After they finished the required pages, we took them in to the visitor's center and gave them to the "ranger" at the front desk. He went over the answers in their books to make sure they were correct and then filled out Jr. Ranger certificates of completion for all of them. Then, this was the part that cracked me up... he took them over to this corner of the main lobby area and had a "swearing in ceremony" for them. lol He had them raise their right hands and repeat after him a promise to keep Red Rock Canyon clean and safe for everyone, etc. etc... He then pinned their little Jr. Ranger badges on them while everyone in the visitor's center was clapping for them. It really was cute how he made them feel so important. Dillon told me that we need to go back tomorrow so he can get to work on his new job as a Jr. Ranger.



All in all it was just a great day. We had a really yummy picnic lunch and just had fun enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery. Tara and I had a good time taking tons of pictures. She has an awesome camera that makes taking pictures even more fun. Since most of you know how much I love taking pictures... you can imagine how this could be dangerous. I wanted to take her camera and run..... (just kidding.) It was a lot of fun though..... Thanks for sharing Tara. And thanks to Tara, Sabrina, Luke, Isabel, and Sylvia for coming with us and making our day so great.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute Pictures! I like how you put them all together like that.

janet said...

Looks like so much FUN!! Wish we could have come... sounds so much better than sleeping all day!

Sabrina said...

We are so hot in our individual shots. Your hair has gotten so long!

Rachel said...

Holy cow, girl! You get to do all sorts of fun stuff. I'm jealous. Right now, all I'm doing is trying to make it through the day without throwing up. My poor boys aren't getting out much. That is such a darling idea they have about the ranger thing.

Jon and Ashley said...

You really are such a good mom. You always do such fun stuff with your kids.

Tara & Jason said...

Thank you for always thinking of me. I would never do anything fun if you didn't call!!! I had lots of fun!

{Mo} said...

You are always doing such fun things! I want to be better about getting out with my kids, but there is only so much I can do in this metropolitan area I live in, you know? I need to take photography classes from you (both taking the pictures and then editing them too) you trully have a talent! Monica

Another Blog... said...

Hey guys! What about me! lol way fun day!!!! :)