Monday, March 24, 2008

"Where's your Easter Basket, Mommy?"

Well, I think I will just summarize our whole weekend. Friday night we started things off by going to the batting cages with Dillon. By the time they were done, Dillon was socking quite a few balls pretty hard. Then we went to Sonic for some burgers afterwards.







Saturday started off with an Easter Egg Hunt at Mountain's Edge Park. Or should I call it an Easter Egg Stampede?... They just scattered eggs all over on the grass and then the kids ran, pushed, and shoved their way to get to the eggs. Neither Dillon or Ashlynn got any eggs. The only reason Samantha did was because Dustin took her clear around to the other side so that she wouldn't get trampled on. Some lady came up to Dillon and Ash and saw that they were upset and gave them some eggs to put in their baskets. So needless to say, the Easter egg hunt was not the highlight of the day. We did get to see quite a few people we know though, and it was fun to visit.





After the park thing we went to the brand new Wal-Mart that they built not too far from us and got some groceries. Then we went home, hurried and ate lunch, and then headed to Dillon's scrimmage baseball game. Dillon did so awesome! He ended up hitting a beautiful homerun! He socked that ball clear out to right field. It was the cutest thing, he was just running like he was running for his life. He never even looked to see where the ball was. Everyone was standing up screaming and yelling.... it was great. I think it built Dillon's confidence quite a bit, when one of the dad's said, "That wasn't just a hit, it was a BOMB!" Dillon kept saying all night, "Isn't that cool he called my hit a BOMB?" I wish I would have had my video camera, but since it is a little outdated, (okay, alot) I don't really use it as much as I should. I'll be more prepared next time. That night after we got home, I got all of the kids occupied and then had to escape to Target and Ross to do my Easter Bunny duties. Yes, I am a procrastinator. But, in my defense, the kids have been on track break for a month and have been with me every waking minute. So, it is hard to get those type of things done with out them knowing.















These are pictures of the kids in their new Easter shirts from Grandma and Grandpa Morris.





Sunday started out with the kids finding their Easter "wagons". Nana and Aunt Shalise sent them little red wagons for the Easter Bunny to fill. They were darling. Each of the kids got a new shirt and shorts, and some gold fish crackers, fruit snacks, and granola bars. Yes, the Easter Bunny is healthy at our house! lol The girls also got a little stuffed puppy that whimpers and barks, and Dillon got some Legos. Dustin also got an Easter basket full of new church clothes. We were so excited to have him go with us to church yesterday. But, of course my kids are not dumb and picked up right away that mommy did not get an Easter basket. Ashlynn kept saying "Where's your Easter basket, Mommy?". I told her that I had talked to the Easter bunny and that he said that I could go pick out my own Easter stuff cause he didn't know what to get me. Dumb me, I should know by now that nothing gets past them. Anyways, we went to church and then came home to a very un-traditional Easter dinner. We had lasagna and french bread, then I made a pretty, yellow Easter cake.



Samantha got a hold of the ice cream and was eating it right out of the container!

We ended the day with the kids dying eggs (and their hands and fingers) all kinds of pretty colors! Even though it wasn't the traditional Easter with extended family that we are use to, we still enjoyed our day and just being together.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks like you gies had a great Easter! You're a great mom! Sounds like Dillon's going to go pro.

Jeremy and Taren said...

Hope you had a great Easter! Your kids are just too cute. Hope we can hang out soon.

janet said...

cute pictures! I love eating out of the ice cream carton. and good job not making a basket for yourself. I want my own every year and I make my husband hide the eggs to I can find them with my kids... I know, I should grow up!

We are getting better and will be coming to work out soon enough!!