Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Mother's Day...

It has never been a secret in our family that Dustin doesn't do anything for Mother's Day. In his own words, "But you're not my mother...". This Mother's Day started out no different from the rest. The kid's decided that it was a good day to be more difficult than usual to get ready for church, Samantha decided to hang on the towel rack in the bathroom and make a huge hole in the wall, then she was running around the kitchen in her church shoes and slipped and fell and almost had a seizure, then Ashlynn splashed the juice from the roast I was putting in the crock pot all over her white dress, then someone from the primary called and said, "Did you remember that Ashlynn has to give a talk in Primary today?".... ummmm, no!!!! I didn't remember! Anyways, eventually we made it to church, in just enough time to be late for Sacrament Meeting. I actually only had to take Samantha out to sit on the stairs one time... that was a good thing. After the kids were in their classes, I actually ended up enjoying the lessons in Sunday School and Relief Society a lot. After church, I decided that I was just going to go home, make dinner, and make all of my Mom phone calls. I went in the house, changed my clothes, and then saw the kids running around laughing, and trying to hide from me..... I asked them what they were doing and that is when they popped out with one of them holding flowers, one of them holding a card, and one of them holding a gift bag. Well, as you can imagine, I was a little bit shocked. I went and sat down on the couch and opened the gift bag....and to my surprise, Dustin had bought me a new video camera! Holy Cow! You say? That's what I said!!! At that point all I could do was cry, and cry some more, especially after I read the cute card that Dustin and the kids wrote in. Until then, I had pretty much accepted the fact that Mother's Day was a day that I celebrated my mother's and grandmother's, but that it wasn't a day for me. Well, Babe... you have now set the bar, I am excited to see how you're going to top this one next year! Just kidding... I am totally just kidding. Thanks Babe, you're the best....I love you.




Here are some of the homemade treasures I got from the kids and the flowers. And here is the video camera I got! It is such a cute little, tiny thing!

3 comments:

Shelli said...

I always knew Dustin had it in him. Way to go Dustin...you really did set the bar, 'cause now we all know you have it in you!

Jon and Ashley said...

I'm so glad he did something special for you. You deserve it. That camera is like ours. You will love it! I'm glad you had such a good mothers day. We need to see each other soon.

Melissa said...

Sometimes I think Mother's Day is just another day for me to feel even more unappreciated and unloved. I've really tried to change my focus though, off me. Dustin sounds like a good man. What an awesome present. We have an old video camera, that I never use. I would love a new one!