Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Playing with friends and Ashlynn's new roller-blades...

Last week we watched the Bushman boys, while their mom and dad went to dinner. Dillon and Josh are the same age, and Brandon and Ashlynn are the same age. Then Jason is about a year younger than Samantha. We also had our neighbor kids, Clay and Kyndal, up here. They were all very hyper that night, so I made them go outside and play. They had a good time having races on the street in front of our house. (Don't worry, we live at the end of the street so hardly any traffic goes by.) I made the boys pose for a picture, but Jason was trying to be a little escape artist. The picture with Dillon, Josh, and Brandon posing is suppose to be their Smack Down comercial pose. :) Silly Boys! I thought it was pretty good though!














Nana bought Samantha a new bike and we were able to bring it home with us from Utah. She absolutely loves it! We of course make her wear a helmet, because we don't need any seizures episodes going on! (If you don't know about that story, I will have to fill you in later .....) Nana also bought Ashlynn new roller-blades. I equipped Ashlynn with her helmet and some knee pads, and she actually did pretty good. She had her share of falls, but by the end of the night she was doing a pretty good job of balancing. Ashlynn is the most determined and also the toughest of my kids. When she sets her mind to learning how to do something, she will do it until she knows how. It doesn't matter how many times she gets hurt doing it... she just gets right back up and tries again. I wish I was more like her, I think that her determination is a trait that will carry her far in life. We actually found roller-blades at Saver's today for Dillon. It should be interesting to see how he does on them, he is not quite as resilient as Ashlynn. When he falls down the whole world has to know about it, whether he is hurt or not...... I think I should equip him with full body armor. :)



0 comments: