Wednesday, December 3, 2008

HALLOWEEN

Our ward had it's Trunk or Treat the night before Halloween. I always try to decorate my trunk cute. Here is what I came up with this year....



This year Dillon dressed up as Indiana Jones, Ashlynn as Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, and Samantha was a Witch (she said she was the "Wicked witch of the west", hee, hee!). The Trunk or Treat was really fun, our ward activities are always so fun and well put together. We had a great dinner, there was chili, hotdogs, and nachos, and desserts. There were carnival games for the kids, and a big bounce house set up in the gym. After dinner and the games, everyone went out to the parking lot to trunk or treat. I think the whole "trunk or treat" concept is such a good idea, then I don't have to take the kids around the neighborhoods to people I don't even know. The idea of that makes me a little nervous, you just never know. Oh, and there is this guy in our ward that always takes pictures at the activities. His name is Brother D'Arcy, and he always does such a great job. He always has the cutest back-drops and props. Good thing he took a picture that night, because I couldn't keep my kids together long enough to take any....



On actual Halloween, we decided to go to the Springs Preserve. It was pretty fun for the kids. They had a lot of lights and scary stuff, and they let the kids go to different posts through out the park and get candy. That night Samantha decided that she did not want to be a witch anymore, but that she wanted to be Cinderella. So, she was two things for Halloween this year.... oh, well, what do you do? Dillon on the other hand decided that he did not want to dress up again for Halloween, he figured doing it once was enough. Again, what do you do? I just figure, you have to pick your battles, and that is not one that I wanted to fight. Ashlynn was just happy being Dorothy, I'm so glad that she just goes with the flow most of the time. :) Here are some pics of our Springs Preserve Halloween:





0 comments: